Lymph is a liquid which circulates between the cells in your body, it enters the cell and then leaves, taking out toxins and waste material. The main function of the lymph is to “catch” bacteria, viruses, metabolic waste and toxins, sending them to the lymph nodes in order to neutralize their negative effects. There are more than 600 lymph nodes in the body located in different parts protecting the body from inflammation and illness. When the lymph nodes are enlarged and swollen, it is a sign that the immune system is fighting an infection or a disease.
What Causes Swollen (Enlarged) Lymph nodes
The lymph nodes contain a large amount of lymphocytes (white blood cells) which have the ability to fight and destroy bacteria and viruses. They are small bean-shaped formations located along the lymphatic vessels all over the body. When one or more lymph nodes are enlarged and swollen, lymphadenitis occurs. The causes for swollen lymph nodes are different:
- Infections – various bacteria like staphylococcus and streptococcus, viruses, parasites and even the common cold or flu
- Allergies – it could a reaction to various allergens and toxin which reach the lymph nodes
- Toxins – a big amount of toxins and metabolic waste can cause a temporary enlargement of the lymph nodes
- Diseases and conditions – tonsillitis, mononucleosis, tuberculosis and different cancers can cause swollen lymph nodes
In most cases, the swollen lymph nodes are linked to the first three causes and the infections are passing through the lymphatic system without causing serious illnesses. Usually other symptoms are experienced simultaneously like sore throat, cough, fever etc. The swollen lymph nodes can enlarge overnight if there is a viral infection in the body or gradually, if there is a serious condition like cancer or immune deficiency. How to naturally support the lymphatic system in order to treat the swollen lymph nodes at home?
Foods and Herbs Which Can help with Enlarged Lymph Nodes
There are many foods and herbs which are very effective when there is an infection in the body as they are fighting with the pathogens causing it and support the body in its recovery. You can start including one or more of them immediately after you feel that your lymph nodes are swollen, enlarged and sensitive to touch. Here is a list of the most effective foods and herbs for swollen lymph nodes:
- Adaptogens like ashwagandha, rhodiola, etc.
- Seaweed like spirulina, apha apha, etc.
- Green leaves vegetables
- Turmeric with black pepper
- Juicy fruits like melons, grapes, peaches, etc.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Echinacea, calendula, dandelion, thyme, etc.
What Activities and Habits Can Help With the Swollen Lymph Nodes?
In order to support the lymphatic system and to heal the enlarged lymph nodes you will need to embrace some healthy habits:
- Hydration – drink enough water and stay well hydrated to help the circulation of the lymphatic liquid through the body
- Fruits – include lots of fruits in your diet
- Adaptogens – use adaptogens and herbs to support the lymphatic system
- Exercises – Include daily exercises like rope jumping, jogging or a moderate cardio training
- Contrast showers – changing the water in the shower from hot to cold and then hot again improve circulation
- Cold lasers – Improve your immunity with cold laser therapy like coMra
- Yoga – yoga, Pilates and other stretching activities will ease the pressure on the lymph nodes
- Dry brushing – in the morning it will promote lymph circulation
- Breathwork – deep breathing is very beneficial for the lymphatic system
- Less toxins – Use clean cosmetics and household products
- Light meals – avoid heavy meal with too much animal proteins while your lymph nodes are swollen and enlarged
- No soda and soft drinks – avoid taking sweet drinks like soda as all these colorants, sugar and additives will put additional load on the lymphatic system
- Massage – you can go for a lymphatic drainage massage in order to support the lymphatic system
Cold laser therapy is a very effective treatment for various conditions. You can support all the functions in the body and improve immunity and it could be very beneficial when you expercine swollen and enlarged lymph nodes. From the coMra user guide apply daily for a week or two the Universal Treatment protocol 6 – Vitality in order to improve the circulation of liquids in the body and to support the major organs. Cold lasers are a very good option to aggressive medications and work great as a main treatment course or as a supportive treatment.
To start using coMra, first search your health issue in the coMra User Guide. If you can find it, start applying the relevant to it treatment protocol. If you do not find it, start with coMra Universal 3 and coMra Universal 5 protocols. If you have questions and need support by an expert, please contact us.